Environmental Advisory Council (EAC)
G.O.A.L. will be cleaning the Black Ditch Creek area on June 2 from 9:00AM-1:00PM. Lunch will be served afterwards. Volunteers are needed. Community Service Hours are available. Must be over 18 to assist.
Storm drain labeling initiative in Bristol Township
- On Wednesday, April 18 and Saturday, April 21, 2018, 54 volunteers logged nearly 200 hours labeling storm drains in the Bristol Township portion of the Mill Creek Watershed.
- Approximately 900 storm drains in total were labeled with the "Keep it Clean, Drains to Mill Creek" medallion.
- Volunteers from the following groups were present: Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Cummins, Bucks County Conservation District, Holy Trinity School, Conwell Egan Catholic High School (in partnership with the Danaher Lynch Family Foundation), as well as other members from the community who volunteered their time.
- Silver Lake Nature Center and Conwell Egan Catholic High School graciously served as host sites for the volunteer events.
- Heritage Conservancy staff members presented a 15 minute educational piece about watersheds and stormwater impacts to all volunteers before labeling began.
- Volunteers were able to share this knowledge with community members they encountered while labeling storm drains.
- Volunteers noted that many of the storm drains they encountered were clogged with trash or leaf debris.
Powered by Savvy Software