Bristol Township Permits and Forms
The following is a list and brief explanation of the different types of permits that must be obtained from the Township in order to do particular types of work. Click on a heading to view and download forms and applications. All permits must be posted at the construction site in a conspicuous area. Please complete all requested information on forms and applications and return to the Building & Planning Department Office. Incomplete forms will delay processing.
• Building Permit Fee Schedule – listing of all fees charged by the Township for permits.
• Application for Contractors Registration – all contractors doing work in the Township must be registered. Registrations are renewed annually (Jan. – Dec.)
• Municipal and School Income Tax Registration Form (Keystone Collection form) – required by all who reside and/or work in Bristol Township.
BUILDING DEPARTMENT INFORMATION
• Residential Building Permit Checklist – information and forms necessary for submission of permit applications. Packet includes Zoning Determination Application and Impervious Surface Calculation among others.
• Commercial Building Permit Checklist– information and forms necessary for submission of permit applications. Packet includes Zoning Determination Application and Impervious Surface Calculation among others.
• New Single Family Dwelling Procedure - information and forms necessary to apply for permits to build new homes.
• Sample Plot Plan – example of information needed when submitting a plot plan for a building application.
• Curb, Apron, & Sidewalk Specifications – includes the Township ordinance regarding concrete work and construction examples.
• Residential Insulation Requirements – requirements for insulation as set by the 2015 Pennsylvania Uniform Construction Code.
• Egress Definitions – how to determine if window size meets egress requirements.
• Swimming Pool Information – information required by the Township and also the Lower Bucks County Joint Municipal Authority.
• Shed Requirements – information for shed installation.
• Residential Deck Guidelines - information that may be helpful when submitting a permit application for a deck.
• Handicap Ramps and Handrail Requirements - code requirements for handicap ramps and handrails.
• Sign Permit Application Procedures – Also see Sign Permit Application.
• Manufactured Home Requirements – provisions required by the Pennsylvania Manufactured Housing Improvement Act. – Also part of New Single Family Dwelling Procedure.
• Insulation Requirements
BUILDING DEPARTMENT APPLICATIONS
• Building Application
• Electrical Application
• Plumbing Application
• HVAC (Mechanical) Application
• Demolition Application
• Sign Permit Application - Also see Sign Permit Application Procedures
• Fence Application & Requirements
• Sprinkler Application
• Tank Permit Application – required when removing and/or replacing fuel tanks, excluding propane tanks.
RESIDENTIAL/COMMERCIAL USE & OCCUPANCY AND RENTAL FORMS
• Residential Change of Occupancy Permit Application – includes application and sample “Hold Harmless” letter.
• Use & Occupancy Application – New Single Family Dwelling – required when a new home is constructed.
• Temporary Certificate of Occupancy (TCO)
• Application for House Number
• Resale of Commercial Property Form
• Commercial Use & Occupancy Application – fire inspections are not required when tenants remain the same. Sign permit may be required.
• Municipal and School Income Tax Registration Form (Berkheimer form) – required by all who reside and/or work in Bristol Township.
• Rental Inspection Application And Requirements
• Multiple Family Dwelling Use & Occupancy Application
FIRE PREVENTION PERMITS - Sprinkler, Alarm, Chimney, etc…
• Sprinkler Application
• Fire Permit Application
• Chimney Reline Permit Application – required for construction of chimney.
• Fire Alarm Installation Application – provides information and forms necessary to apply for a fire alarm permit.
• Special Suppression System Application
• Chimney Check List
• Special Event Permit Application
SUBDIVISION / LAND DEVELOPMENT
• Conditional Use Application
• Application Permit to Alter Land
• Subdivision and Land Development Petition Procedures
• Zoning Determination Application
• Zoning Change Procedure
• Procedures for Zoning Appeals
• Street Vacation Procedure
• Road Opening Permit
Road Specifications & Design Standards
VEHICLE TOWING INFORMATION – regarding disabled vehicles on residential properties.
Bristol Township Zoning Map
Comprehensive Plan 2008
Land Use Map